I just saw interesting report via MicroPersuasion. A recent study showed that Web 2.0 has a very great reach within large companies. A study done by Clearswift did a survey with 827 individuals in large companies (1,000 employees and up) and found the following:
- 43% of office workers access social media sites from their work computers several times a day
- 51% spend an hour or more a week on the sites; 13% spend five hours or more
- 46% have discussed work-related issues on social media sites
- 46% regularly access Wikipedia during work hours
- 50% believe they have a right to use work computers for personal internet access
What do you think of these findings? Do they come as a surprise to you? Are they representative of your surfing behavior?