Contest: Make a Wish for Someone Else this Holiday Season (and the Power of Blogger Outreach)
This is a sponsored post by Sears but the thoughts within are mine and mine alone.
As a blogger, you have the potential to reach a tremendous audience. As an individual, perhaps a company or an entrepreneur who is looking to spread the word about a new product launch, you have the potential to keep marketing costs down by reaching out to bloggers and having them talk about your product. One of the best ways to achieve this goal is through blogger outreach, which typically includes more than just sending out your press release: give the blogger the opportunity to try your product. Send them your book. Or your beanbag chair. Or give them full download rights to your new software product without restrictions.
You can do something else entirely. As part of the Don’t Just Give a Gift, Grant a Wish campaign by the Sears department store, I had the opportunity to participate in a shopping spree to help me or someone else realize our dreams. The idea behind this initiative was that I was given a $500 Sears gift card to “Grant a Wish” for myself, a loved one, or charity. At the same time, I was to photograph my experience in the store.
At first, I had no idea what to do. I was recently moved by “The Secret Millionaire” and wanted to realize the dreams of someone who may not be able to buy anything at all — so I decided to make sure my own purchases included gifts for young children.? After walking up and down the halls of the whole department store, my husband and I finally settled on gathering a shopping cart full of toys that we will end up donating to cancer-stricken children just in time for the holidays.
I also found myself being fascinated by the number of tools available for the DIY (do-it yourself) enthusiast.? I ended up buying a much needed tool that will hopefully allow me to remove stripped screws so that I can free up a trapped IDE hard drive in an external case.? Seriously — Sears has aisles upon aisles of drills, drill bits, and other thingamajigs that I wouldn’t even know how to use.
Still, though, I’m happy that I was able to use this experience to give to those less fortunate.? It’s such a perfect time to consider gift giving (and wish-wishing) for those who you may not know.? I’m sure it will put a smile on someone else’s face.
Giving Back, Contest Style
Do you want to make a wish for a special someone in your family or perhaps a few people at once? With IZEA’s help, you can also help realize the dream of someone you love or care about. Check out three possible three gift packages that I’ve crafted to make that happen:
The Family Fun Package
- Casio 8.1MP Digital Camera EX-Z80 (link)
- SanDisk 4GB SDHC Memory Card (link)
- Casio Leather Pouch Case for Exilim S and Z Series Digital Cameras (link)
- Emerson CDG Karaoke System – iPod Compatible (link)
- Fisher-Price Digital Arts & Crafts Studio (link)
- Harvard Electronic Single Shootout Basketball (link)
- HoMedics Bubble Spa Footbath (link)
- One For All 8-Device Learning Upgradeable Universal Remote (link)
The Camping Package
- Kenmore 596 square inch 3 Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner (link)
- Craftsman 4 pc. Barbecue Gift Set with Bottle Opener (link)
- (2) Coleman Hibernation Sleeping Bag (link)
- Craftsman Toolbox Cooler (link)
- (2) On The Edge Marketing Folding Chair (Flame) (link)
- Northwest Territory Dome Tent (link)
The Pamper Herself Spa Relaxation Package
- Conair Double Sided Lighted Mirror (link)
- Conair Foot Vibes Massaging Slippers for Women (link)
- HoMedics Therapist Select Shiatsu Message (link)
- Rosetti Handbag Ring Tote (link)
- Relic Flap Checkbook Clutch Wallet (link)
- Metaphor Beaded Satin Clutch (link)
- Colorworks Fantastic Beauty Fan (link)
- Royce Leather Travel & Grooming Kit (link)
- 1/2 ct t.w. Diamond Composite Stud Earrings, 10K white gold (link)
- Seiko Ladies Calendar Day Date Watch with White Dial and Two-Tone Link Band (link)
There are three ways to win one of the above packages:
- Leave a comment on this blog. Let me know the name of the package you are most interested in.
- Use Twitter! Simply tweet out the following message: RT @tamar please grant my wish to win the #Sears (package name) – tweet to win your own wish http://urlbrief.com/5ead6c
- If you’re a blogger, write a post about the contest and link back to this post.? If you proceed down this route, make sure to leave a comment here letting me know that you did.? Include the URL to your post.
You can enter up to three times (each Tweet, comment, or blog post counts as a single entry). The winner will be chosen at random and will receive the package s/he selected.? The contest ends on December 23rd, so be sure to get your entries in ASAP. Please be sure to read the official rules for more information about the contest.