It’s been awhile since I posted my findings on StumbleUpon, but this week, I have a great list — I hope!
- FreeComputerBooks.com: Download free computer books, tutorials, and lecture notes. This site covers major topics, such as computer science, programming languages, Unix/Linux, networking, Microsoft, and others.
- Paper Pilot: A Flash game to kill time. Design a paper airplane and then throw it as far as you can!
- EarthWallpapers.org: Stunning wallpapers of the Earth’s surface as taken way above ground. The photos are stored on Flickr by a photographer named mrtruffle.
- Cool Advertisements from Around the World: These are some of the most clever advertising campaigns I’ve ever seen.
- Full illustrated list of ACME Products: Most of my favorite cartoons when growing up were produced by Warner Brothers. I particularly loved watching the crazy little antics of Wile E. Coyote and RoadRunner. I must say that I still remember their use of ACME products. I guess it left an impact; this fictitious corporation has made hundreds of products that are now categorized online in this guide. Creative.
- Tahoe Turner: The amazing wood artwork of Malcolm J. Tibbetts is featured in this photo gallery. His work is beautiful.
- Calvin and Hobbes Snowmen in Real Life: Real-life snowmen and “real” blood too to dramatize the effect. It’s a little gorier than the comic. Someone has way too much time on his hands. 🙂
- In Pictures: Online Computer Tutorials: This is a nice website to teach a newbie about the basics of both Microsoft Office and OpenOffice as well as Dreamweaver and Fireworks. The tutorials are straightforward and are done in screenshots rather than in lengthy documentation which tends to confuse beginners. This is a nice site to pass onto a family member who constantly calls you for application support. 🙂
- Color Schemer: A nice web development tool — based on a color that you choose, sixteen colors that would appeal to viewers are selected for a site design. This is incredibly useful if you’re at a loss of what is the best shade of blue that would go with your site based on other colors you may have already selected.
- ColorJack: Shortly after I stumbled upon Color Schemer, I found this site, which pretty much does the same thing but is based on a spherical algorithm as far as I can tell. You can also download a Mac OS X widget too.
- Match Photography: This site isn’t even in English but the photographer in me was drawn to the art of these shots. Have a look and you’ll see what I mean. Very cool stuff.
- Hardware Secrets: Uncomplicating the Complicated: Since I am a self-proclaimed tech geek, I always find guides like this useful to those who look up to me as if I’m some higher being. I’m not. Guides like these help me find my way and hopefully they’ll help you too. Tutorials, such as “how to upgrade your CPU,” “how to build a wireless network using a broadband router,” and other hardware secrets are unleashed. If this is an interest of yours, or you might want to just know it for the future, this site has a bunch of handy references.
- dafont.com: I happen to think that freeware fonts are pretty cool. This site has a bunch of them, and the preceding link takes you to the top 100 downloads.
That’s all for now. I hope I’m caught up. 🙂